Goodbye 2015! I had a great year, one with many accomplishments and new beginnings and I can only hope 2016 will be just as amazing (but hopefully even better!). It's always a good idea to reflect on the past, so you have somewhere to move forward. A lot happens in a year, so here are some of my favorite products, styles, and memories from 2015.
I started off the year with a lovely Q&A book I had received for Christmas. Every day there is a question, and spaces for your answers for 5 years. I did not know how calming, and fun this would be be for me! Now that I've finished a whole year of questions, I am so excited to re-answer them again this year and see how much I have changed over the past year. Although the book does start in January, you can pick up any time in the year. This is just such a fun way to document your life, and you can pick the book up at Anthropologie, Paper Source, and other book stores. It also makes a great gift! ;)
In late February, I took a trip with my high school's dance team to Disney World, and it was one of the highlights of my year. Disney holds a special place in my heart, and getting to spend time with some of my favorite people there was a dream come true (cheesy, I know). Some of my favorite memories included dancing to the jazz band at Downtown Disney the first night we were there, and yelling about The Dress to random new friends on the streets. We also made it our mission to travel to all the worlds in Epcot, taking a picture, often in hats, in under 45 minutes. We did it!
This year was also a great year for TV and music. I really got in to ABC's How To Get Away With Murder and got a little misty eyed at the finale episode of Glee (I have binge watched the past seasons since then. It's my all-time favorite). Also as far as music, this year I went to Lana Del Rey's Endless Summer Tour with my two best friends. It was an incredible experience, and unlike any other concert I have been to. Lana also released her new album this year, and I have been obsessed with Troye Sivan's album: Blue Neighbourhood. My favorites songs from it include, Wild, Youth, and Lost Boy. So good!
The summer brought many memories and amazing experiences. I traveled everywhere from Detroit to London to Ireland to Miami. My favorite was London. The city was so beautiful and full of character. While there, we visited all the touristy spots like Westminster Abbey, and the London Eye, but we also saw some cooler more tucked away spots to the city. And of course, you know me, we had to see some shows on the West End. The Elephant Man was very cool, and Bradley Cooper was phenomenal, but my personal favorite was Matilda. I grew up reading all of Roald Dahl's stories, so seeing this show was like reliving those childhood memories.
I did not end up seeing many movies this year, but I did manage to see Inside Out, which I thought was totally genius and adorable. Instead I found myself reading a lot more this year. I read Paper Towns by John Green this summer prior to the movie being released, and then read All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven in October. All the Bright Places quickly became my favorite book. I was able to finish it in one day, it was so captivating. An accomplishment I can only accredit to one other book (13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher). If you haven't picked this book up yet, it's a must read! I connected so much with the main characters, and the storytelling is enthralling.
For beauty, there have been a few standouts this year. For starters, the beauty blender has been a game changer for me. It's so easy to use and makes everything you apply look flawless and so natural. Although it is a bit pricey for a sponge, I actually believe it's worth it. I also fell in love with Benefit's Roller Lash mascara and L'Oreal's 24hr Infallible Eye Shadow in Amber Rush. These together were my go-to eye look all summer. The copper color of the eye shadow really brings out the blue in my eyes, and the mascara provides incredible length!
As far as fashion goes, I took this year to experiment a lot with my style. It varied from preppy to boho and everything in between. I think it's important to try out new looks to find what you feel the best in. Some of my favorite pieces from this year included T-shirt dresses, my Sam Edelman booties, and my utility jacket from Primark. And I never left home without my Tiffany 1837 Interlocking Circles Necklace.
We're almost to the end here, I promise! Just a few other favorites from this year included, of course the Broadway show Hamilton and my weekend trip to New York, which I have a whole post on if you're interested. Also, I became obsessed with the Marshmallow Fireside candle from Bath and Body Works, stocking up like a crazy woman. And finally, what would my year be without tea? Celestial Seasons, and Tea's Tea Jasmine Green were among my favorites.
All in all, 2015 was a year to remember, and I can't wait to see what 2016 brings!
Vividly Yours,
Taylor
Q&A A Day Book: here
How To Get Away With Murder Season 2:here
Glee Season 6: here
Lana Del Rey/Honeymoon: here
Troye Sivan/Blue Neighbourhood: here
Inside Out: here
Paper Towns by John Green: here
All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven: here
Beauty Blender: here
Benefit's Roller Lash: here
L'Oreal's 24 hr Infallible Eye Shadow (Amber Rush): here
Sam Edelman Booties: here
Tiffany 1837 Interlocking Circles Necklace: here
Hamilton Soundtrack: here
Celestial Seasons Tea: here
Tea's Tea (Jasmine Green): here












No comments:
Post a Comment