A few weeks ago I took a weekend in New York City. There for my dad's birthday and a college visit of New York University. New York has such a sense of glamour and grime that I love so much. And with a city so large and ever-changing, you can always find new things to explore.
The first day we visited The Cooper Hewitt Museum of Design. In all the times I have been to New York, I had never been here and I was pleasantly surprised! They had many exhibits on graphic design throughout the ages.
They had a really cool room where you could design your own pattern to be projected on the wall. First I drew this retro-inspired geometric pattern, and then I wrote my name, because why not?
All in all, a super interactive and interesting museum! If you want a cool, artistic getaway, Cooper Hewitt is a great trip.
A quick walk through Washington Square Park after my tour of NYU was a great way to enjoy the people, music and dogs! And then it was off to lunch at BareBurger (full post under the eat tab!)
The Union Square Farmer's Market was bursting with beautiful fall colors and produce, as they were having their "Happy Harvest" week. Even if you don't plan to buy anything, walking though is a fun fall activity.
On Saturday night we headed on down to the Richard Rodgers theater and attended Hamilton! If you are unfamiliar with the show, it is a hip hop musical about the life of Alexander Hamilton. I can easily say that Hamilton is the most clever and captivating show I have ever seen. Since that night I have not stopped listening to the soundtrack. It has gotten to the point where I think I could perform the whole show from memory.
If you ever get the chance to see this show, I highly, highly, highly recommend it. But if you can't make it to New York, here are some of my favorite songs off the soundtrack!
-Alexander Hamilton - Wait For It
- My Shot - Dear Theodosia
- You'll Be Back - Non-Stop
- Helpless - Take a Break
-Satisfied - Say No To This
- Burn - Blow Us All Away
Finally, what's a trip to New York without trips to the art museums. I always love seeing what the MoMA and Met have on exhibit.
New York will always have my heart.
Vividly Yours,
Taylor












No comments:
Post a Comment