Sunday, December 13, 2015

4 Ways to Rock Your Holiday Party


With Christmas right around the corner, holiday parties will be popping up on the calendar. What will you be wearing? Christmas is my favorite holiday, and finding outfits to express the festive time of year is always so fun! So if you are stuck in a holiday outfit rut, here are 4 options perfect for any party.

Outfit #1
For those family holiday gatherings, I chose a preppier look complete with a festive fair isle sweater. This Christmas classic is always a great choice and gives off an instant holiday vibe. To add an extra element, I layered a denim shirt underneath and paired it with J.Crew pixie pants. I wore this look with my Tory Burch flats, but if you wanted to dress it up heels would look great too!

Playing the piano is a great way to get into the festive mood! What's your favorite Christmas song?

Outfit #2
For a dinner party, I chose this more understated Christmas look. I paired a basic black turtleneck with this red corduroy skirt with buttons down the front. The red color is perfect for this time of year! I finished the look with my favorite Sam Edelman booties.


I actually wore this outfit on Thanksgiving, so it can be worn for more than just Christmas!



Outfit #3

For a fancier look, I went with this moss green suede dress. To make it more cozy, I paired it with a faux fur vest, which is SO soft! Both of these pieces are from Forever 21, so they're super affordable but still look super cute.

If it is a bit colder, you could always pair this look with sheer black tights.



Knock, Knock!

Outfit #4
YAY! This last look is perfect for those "Ugly Christmas Sweater Parties" or just a fun movie night in with your best friends. Personally, I think all Christmas sweaters are beautiful, not ugly, and they're a great way to show off your love for the holiday!

No your eyes are not fooling you, this sweater LIGHTS UP! No way, right? I received this sweater in a dark green, and I loved it so much I bought the grey one also! (Still not sure how to wash it yet...haha)


To make it even more festive, I wore these Santa-inspired knee socks with faux fur trim. HOW CUTE? Also I used a Christmas pom pom hair accessory in my half-up-half-down style.

This is my personal favorite look, because I'm crazy for Christmas. Just 12 more days!!!

Which Look Will You Be Wearing?

Vividly Yours,

Taylor





Outfit #1
Sweater//Forever 21: here
Denim Shirt//Nordstrom: similar here
Pants//J.Crew: here
Flats//Tory Burch: here
Bracelet//Kendra Scott: here

Outfit #2
Turtleneck//J.Crew: here
Skirt//Urban Outfitters: here
Booties//Sam Edelman: here

Outfit #3
Dress//Forever 21: here
Faux Fur Vest//Forever 21: here

Outfit #4
Sweater//Forever 21: here
Socks//Boutique: similar here
Hair Tie//Boutique: similar here or DIY!

No comments:

Post a Comment