Hi Everyone! I haven't posted in a long while and I am so thrilled to be back :) Today I wanted to share with you all 5 of my fast and favorite hairstyles perfect for when you're in a pinch. I'm a girl who hates to spend longer than 5 minutes on my hair, so if you're in the same boat, this is the post for you!
#1 The Ballet Bun
This is probably my favorite hairstyle because it's so fast and simple, but still looks polished. Also great for dancing!
What You Will Need: 1 hair tie, a couple bobby pins
Step One: Start with a high ponytail
Step Two: Begin twisting the ponytail until it starts to twist around itself
Step Three: Loosely wrap the twist around
Step Four: Add a few bobby pins to keep the bun in place and shape to your liking
Step Five: (optional) Pull out a few strands of hair to frame your face
#2 The Twist on the Half-up Half-down
See what I did there? This option is great if you still want to keep some hair down, but still have it out of your face.
What You Will Need: a couple bobby pins or a barrette
Step One: Gather the two front sections of your hair
Step Two: Meet them at the crown
Step Three: Cross one over the other
Step Four: Cross them again so you get the twist look
Step Five: Use a couple bobby pins or a barrette to keep in place!
#3 The Braided Headband
Whenever I wear this hairstyle I always get compliments and questions about it. It's a unique way to use a "headband".
What You Will Need: 1 clear elastic, a couple bobby pins
Step One: Brush your hair back
Step Two: Take a small piece of hair from behind the ear and braid all the way down
Step Three: Bring the braid across your head keeping the other hair back
Step Four: Lay the braid behind your other ear
Step Five: Pin in place and bring the other hair forward to hide the pins
*Super Secret Tip: If you're having trouble keeping the hair back or the braid in place, use a thin elastic headband first and then place the braid over the top covering the headband to create the same look!*
#4 The Braided Knot
For a fancier or more intricate looking 'do, this braided knot is perfect. Another example of something that looks super complicated but really isn't!
What You Will Need: a couple bobby pins, 2 clear elastics
Step One: Separate your hair into two pieces
Step Two: Braid both pieces all the way down, braiding as close as you can to the tail
Step Three: Criss cross the two braids at the nape of the neck
Step Four: Twist one braid around the other making sure to keep the braid flat against the head and pin in place
Step Five: Wrap the other braid around and pin
#5 The Pull Through Braid
I've seen this particular hairstyle floating around Pinterest and Instagram a lot recently, so I thought I'd give it a go! (Also, I did this one a little later in the day, so I apologize for the darker lighting)
What You Will Need: a lot of clear elastics
Step One: Create a ponytail with the crown of your hair, and then a second ponytail using the next section of hair
Step Two: Split the first ponytail in half and get the second ponytail out of the way and then create a third ponytail with more hair and the separated first ponytail
Step Three: Continue this process of splitting the hair and creating new ponytails all the way down, pulling through whatever hair was in the other ponytail
Step Four: Once you've completed it will look tight which you can either leave or...
Step Five: Pull on each section to create more drama and volume
If you need a more visual instruction here's a video I found explaining it all!
Happy Styling!
Vividly Yours,
Taylor
















No comments:
Post a Comment