Monday, February 6, 2017

A Day in DC





Living so close to Washington DC, you would think I would visit more often. With the presentment of a three-day weekend, Kendyl (@gowiththekflo) and I decided to hit the city. It ended up being a wonderful day for art, food, and walks. Here's our day!


First stop on the adventure? The Smithsonian American Art Museum, located in NW. This museum has such a large range of works, from portraits of the founding fathers to digital television art, that we were excited to see what was around every corner. Here is "Preamble" by Mike Wilkins, just one of the innovative pieces on exhibit here.


Soooo is this a donut? And can we eat it?




Kendyl and I had a great time at this museum trying to guess the titles of the art before reading the plaques, sometimes we were close, but there were a few we could never have guessed.  It led to lots of laughs.

After touring the museum, our stomachs were rumbling for food, so we turned down 7th street and found HipCityVeg. The cute blue door drew us in, but the food was fantastic. Everything on the menu is plant-based so you can feel good about what you're eating. Even if you're not vegan (I'm not!) the food is amazing regardless. 

Kendyl and I split the Crispy HipCity Ranch Chick'n sandwich, some Lil' Golden Nugs (grain battered chick'n nuggets), sweet potato fries, and an oreo cupcake to top it off. This place has the best sweet potato fries I have ever had, hands down. And dipping them into the black bean and cilantro sauce made them even better. 


If you're ever in the Chinatown area, I highly recommend!!


The weather was so nice (especially for February!!) so we took a walk around the city to work off all those golden nugs ;) How pretty are the lights in Palmer Alley? For my outfit today, I wore a simple black bodysuit and black jeans, paired with my blush utility jacket and circle scarf, some layered necklaces, and black booties. Also threw my hair into some milkmaid braids for fun.




As the sun started setting, the views were even more beautiful at the Washington Monument. A great way to end a great day.

xx
Vividly Yours,

Taylor

Smithsonian American Art Museum: here
HipCityVeg: here
Kendyl's Instagram: here

No comments:

Post a Comment