Saturday, December 31, 2016

2016 Yearly Favorites

Here we are! The end of another year, and with this comes my yearly favorites! 2016 has been a year of many ups and downs for me. There were many low days, but I am thankful for those as they helped me realize who I want to become and how to get to the high days. But I also experienced a lot of joy this year in new friendships, new places, and new interests. 2016 was a turning point year for me spiritually, as I really connected more with my faith on a personal level, and 2016 also saw the start to being fully myself. Without further ado, here are my favorites from the year.

Being a junior this year meant going to prom for the first time, which turned out to be one of the greatest nights of my year and high school years in total. I had a really beautiful dress that I got at Lord & Taylor, and the night was spent with really good friends. 



I got involved with my school's Young Life organization this year, which turned out to be one of the most fantastic and fulfilling things in my life. Over the summer we went to camp at Saranac Lake in upstate New York for a week, and it was genuinely the best week of my life. Every minute was filled with fun activities and friends and it was such an escape from daily hectic life. Here I also sparked such a change in my relationship with God and His children. Truly a time I will never forget.

When my family said that we would be going to Montana and Yellowstone as our vacation this summer I was less than enthused, but upon arriving I realized how spectacular this part of the Earth is. Yellowstone blew me away with its rugged magnificence.


This was a great year in music. I feel that I really branched out in the styles I like and there were many albums I had on repeat. These were the ones that really caught my attention this year...
Cleopatra - The Lumineers
The Human Condition - Jon Bellion
This is Acting - Sia
I like it when you sleep, for you are so beautiful yet so unaware of it - The 1975

I also fell in love with the composer Ludovico Einaudi, his music speaks to me like no other.


Reading!! Of course, I need to mention my favorite books from the year, and this year I found many gold stars. 
The Catcher in the Rye - J.D. Salinger
It's Kind of a Funny Story - Ned Vizzini
The Girl on the Train - Paula Hawkins

As far as TV and movies go I got to explore a little more this year since I subscribed to Netflix over the summer. New Girl and Stranger Things were my go to binge shows and Amélie blew me away, joining my favorite movies short list.


Beauty wise, I found some really awesome products this year that changed the game for me. As many of you might know I was a die-hard Covergirl Lash Blast Volume fan so when I tried Maybelline's Lash Sensational I felt like a true traitor, but I went to the dark side. This mascara is seriously phenomenal. The Brow Wiz by Anastasia is the best brow product I've tried and I highly recommend it for natural looking perfection. Maybelline's Fit Me Foundations in both the matte and dewy formulations quickly became my favorites. The price tag and performance are both great. Lastly, the biggest game changer is the Wet Brush. I think I was a little late to this party, but as a girl with tangles ALL the time this made brushing my hair not something I dreaded.

Something fun I did this year was journaling! I journaled every day of summer vacation and I am so happy I did, as this summer was one of the best I've had. I can't wait to look back and laugh and cringe in the years to come.


Finishing up the list are the fashion faves. I experimented a lot with my style this year and I think I've started to create my own personal "look" more. Steve Madden takes the cake for my favorite shoes, I wore the basic leather sandals EVERYWHERE and the suede lace up flats were my go-to for any polished look. I discovered the magic of turtlenecks this year :) The little gold hoops I got from Etsy were a much-worn accessory and rounding out the year I got this shearling jacket from Tobi- and I am obsessed with it.


Overall this year I tried to push my comfort zone and fear more than any year before. I still have a lot of work to do on becoming my full self, but I'm happy with the progress I'm making :) I can't wait for an exciting 2017!

xx
Vividly Yours,
Taylor

Cleopatra: here
The Human Condition: here
This is Acting: here
The 1975 album: here
Ludovico Einaudi: here
New Girl Season 6: here
Stranger Things Season 1: here
Amélie: here
The Catcher in the Rye: here
The Girl on the Train: here
It's Kind of a Funny Story: here
Wet Brush: here
Maybelline Fit Me Foundation: here (matte) here (dewy)
Maybelline Lash Sensational: here
Anastasia Brow Wiz: here
Tobi Jacket: here
Steve Madden Lace Up Flats: similar here
Steve Madden Donddi Sandals: here

No comments:

Post a Comment