Saturday, August 13, 2016

Montana: Big Sky, Bozeman, and Yellowstone



"Montana? What are you going to do there?" That was the response I was getting from all my friends when I told them of my summer plans with my family. My cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents, and parents (14 of us!) rented out a house in Big Sky, Montana for a week exploring just what there is to do in Montana.

 Fly fishing is HUGE here, so I decided to give it a shot. It was major fishing season on the Gallatin River, so I was able to catch 3 fish my first time ever!! The river and views were so beautiful though, if I had caught 0 fish I would have still been happy. Also, how's my look? New trend??

Another fun way we saw the Gallatin was by white water rafting. Super fun and not too dificult. (only lost one man overboard) :)

 We spent all of Wednesday and Thursday at Yellowstone National Park. If you need one reason to head to Montana or Wyoming, this is it! I have never been more blown away by nature. My favorite wonder was the Grand Prismatic Spring (above), but every stop we made had me in complete awe. Also being in a place so rugged and full of history truly made me feel like I was transported back to the American frontier. 

The wildlife here is everywhere!!

And the views aren't too bad either ;)

We spent our last day exploring Bozeman, a really cool, artistic town, and first stopped at The Garage for lunch. How cool are their menus??

Bozeman was having their annual Sweet Pea Festival for the Arts, so the sidewalks were full of chalk decorations. Some of them were extraordinary.

 Finding vintage dresses in a cute western shop on Main Street.

You guys know me! I couldn't go the trip without finding a bookstore to peek around in. The Country Bookshelf on Main Street was such a special find. I could have stayed in there hours! Finished the day off at the Museum of the Rockies (below)


Turns out there is a lot to do in Montana :)

Vividly Yours,

Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment